- B.S., M.S. Johns Hopkins University, M.D. University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- M.S Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School of Government
- Dr. Parekh completed his residency at the Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute (Baltimore, MD). He then specialized in cataract surgery, LASIK, cornea surgery and glaucoma surgery during his fellowship with Minnesota Eye Consultants (Minneapolis, MN).
- Dr. Parekh completed his Fellowship Training in 2008 and has performed thousands of sight saving surgical procedures during his career.
- He has been in practice in Central/Western Pennsylvania since 2011, after spending several years in practice in Massachusetts, with offices in Boston and Cape Cod and clinical appointments at Harvard/Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary and Tufts/New England Eye Center. His wife is a native of Ebensburg, PA.
Associations and Certifications:
- Dr. Parekh is an active member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- The American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- The Vanguard Ophthalmology Society (VOS)
- The Pennsylvania Medical Society (PA MED)
- The Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology (PAO)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- He has performed significant clinical research and has written numerous scientific articles and textbook chapters.
Awards and Achievements:
- Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute W. Richard Green Teaching Award
- The American Medical Association Foundation’s Leadership Award
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award