Dr. Fred Carlin
Education: B.S. Indiana University of Pennsylvania; O.D. Pennsylvania College of Optometry
Specializes in: Specialized contact lenses, Lasik surgery and glaucoma
Associations and Certifications:
- Dr. Carlin has been in private practice in State College since 1975.
- He has also been active in the State College community.
- He served as vice president and board member of the Centre Area Health Council
- Served as president of the American Cancer Society of Centre County
- Served as chairman of the State College Borough Parking Authority.
- Dr. Carlin served as president of the Mid-county Optometric Society and currently serves as treasurer.
- He served on the Resolution and Bylaws committee of the Pennsylvania Optometric Society.
- Additionally, he is a member of the contact lens section of the American Optometric Association
Awards and Achievements:
Centre County volunteer of the year in 1979 and 1987, co-founder and board member of the